This turned out really well, I highly suggest trying it, the cheese was only an afterthought, it is most definitely a full meal without it.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 Medium sized sweet potato
- 1 Full bulb of garlic
- 1 Cup cashews
- 1 Small bunch of flat parsley
- 4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Small hot peppers
- 2 Servings of Gnocchi
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Peel and cube the sweet potato in 1/4 inch cubes. Steam (not boil) until soft and set aside.
- Blend or chop the unsalted cashews until you have a pretty fine powder (some chunks are ok)
- Peel and crush the garlic in a garlic press into a pan with the two hot peppers also crushed.
- Start the water for Gnocchi
- Cook garlic and hot peppers for a couple minutes on medium heat in the olive oil.
- Chop the parsley
- Add the sweet potato to the pan.
- Once the water boils for the Gnocchi put it down and add the Cashew dust to the pan.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and shut off the heat with a cover to let steep for 5 minutes or so.
- Finish cooking the Gnocchi, strain and serve.
- Add cheese if you desire.